SMEs are invited to apply for FF4EuroHPC open call
This call for proposals targets highest quality experiments involving innovative, agile SMEs and putting forward work plans built around innovation targets arising from the use of advanced HPC services. Proposals are sought that address business challenges from European SMEs from varied application domains, with strong preference being given to engineering and manufacturing, or sectors able to demonstrate fast economic growth or particular economic impact for Europe. The highest priority is given to proposals directly addressing the business challenges of manufacturing SMEs.
KEY CALL DETAILS
Submission Deadline: 29th September 2021, at 17:00 Brussels local time
Expected duration of experiments: maximum 15 months with expected commencement 1st March 2022
Funding for Call-2: The indicative total funding budget is € 5 M.
Maximum funding request per proposal: € 200,000 (covering all participants)
Expectations for new experiments
The expectations for the proposed experiments are that they should:
- Involve all necessary parties required for the effective and efficient execution of the experiment and the demonstration of the impact on SME business challenges through the use of HPC systems or advanced HPC services. Appropriate technical management is a required component.
- Define the HPC computing resources they need and budget for them, possibly using computing resources provided directly by the EuroHPC JU, PRACE or through national actions. The HPC National Competence Centres may be able to provide assistance with the selection of appropriate resources and the application process. (FF4EuroHPC will not be in a position to provide computing resources).
- Declare any data protection issues that might impact its proposed work plan, define data/information protection mechanisms addressing these in the framework of European law, and ensure that the operation of the experiment adheres to these.
- Generate publishable success stories – preferably in multi-media form – based on solutions for the SME’s real-world problems that clearly identify the resulting business benefits.
- Align, where appropriate, with regional priorities, such as industrial specialisation areas.
- Be complementary to those already included in the past Fortissimo and Fortissimo 2 projects and to those selected in FF4EuroHPC Call 1.
Follow FF4EuroHPC on social media for the latest information.